Monday, February 26, 2007

KFest

Well. It's over. I'm still recovering. What an amazing weekend of music. I think this past weekend was probably the best overall Michigan music experience I've ever witnessed.

There were some great bands, and there were some not so great bands. But it kind of didn't matter. Everyone in attendance had to make a huge effort to get out to Houghton, so the people were there for the MUSIC. The amount of respect between the audience and the musicians was absolutely phenomenal. Keweenawesomefest was the perfect example of why I love local music. I cannot express how amazing and inspiring this event was. BUT this might help...

JHaJ correspondant, Katie Canavan, accopanied me to the UP and together we recorded short reviews, observations and musican interviews throughout the weekend- it's going to be our first JHaJ Podcast! We're still getting all the kinks worked out, so check back a little later in the week for our Podcast to be posted along with short reviews and more coverage of all the bands that performed. In the meantime, check out some photos from the event:

The Mighty Narwhale



Mason Proper


Misty Lyn


JungleKat Agility


Arrah and the Ferns


Tyler and Kevin- The KFest Men



Thanks to everyone involved in creating this amazing event. We will be back very soon to talk more about it.

Erik and I are having a big official meeting tomorrow. Get ready for some big changes at JHaJ. We've got a to-do list that's taller than I am.

We love you all.
xoxo,
annie moss

4 Comments:

Blogger Kevin E said...

Hey, thanks a million times for coming all the way up here. I know the UP can be a little "weird," or whatever, but I feel like a sell-out everytime I apologize for it. So.

I hope you had a good time. Thank you thank you thank you, for everything. -Kevin

7:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I CANNOT wait to hear this podcast. I was so bummed I missed the event, so many great bands. I'll never forgive meself. Anywho, I'm glad you two exist to cover such things for those of us unfortunate enough to miss out. Long live JHaJ + Michigan Music.

9:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kevin! Do not even apologize for the "weirdness." Because let me tell you, it only added to me feeling like the Paris Hilton of the U.P. on Friday.

10:58 PM  
Blogger Jeff Schroeder said...

Nice recap. It looked amazing. I couldn't make it up there.

*sigh*

6:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home